Vincent Van Gogh's Nuenen


In spring of 2011 I went to Nuenen – a little village not far from Eindhoven. This small place became known mostly due to the fact that Vincent Van Gogh lived and worked here in 1883-1885. This is his Dutch period of dark in color and mostly rural scenes from everyday life of Dutch peasants that he was so fascinated by. After visiting this place now I know why he chose those gloomy colors. Don’t get me wrong – the place is charming but looking back at my photos and Vincent’s paintings I see lots of similarities. No matter how I tried to make photos lighter and more cheerful it just didn't happen!

I am proud to say that I stepped on the same streets Van Gogh was stepping; I saw same windmills and fields he saw and depicted in his work. 



My version of Roosdonck Windmill


Van Gogh's version


My version of De Collse Watermolen out and inside




 
 

Van Gogh's version

Statue of Vincent Van Gogh in the center of Nuenen

His famous "The Potato Eaters"


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,